- Childhood is just one segment of the continuing flow of human development but that early childhood is the period of greatest developmental strides in emotional, physical, social and cognitive growth.
- To maintain as our staff, people who truly like and respect children and who have the inherent patience required to be our children’s caretakers.
- We desire to strengthen each child’s identity, while instilling a respect for others.
- We recognize that learning is taking place at all times and that all growth is in spurts, with plateaus in between for integration of new learning.
- We approach the child as a total entity, a person, not just as a “child”.
- We aim to create a secure and nurturing environment filled with interesting materials, activities, and concepts to enhance all aspects of the child’s own development.
We are specifically concerned with helping children to:
- develop a positive self esteem
- express their inherent curiosity about the world around them
- with a teacher’s guidance, initiate and follow through on their interests
- see themselves as creative and assertive persons, and develop a sense of autonomy
- become aware of their emotions and express emotions in ways that are not psychologically damaging to themselves or others
- become better able to interact with others and solve problems in social relationships
- have fun and maintain a positive outlook
These principals are put into practice daily by each of our staff.